Sunday, October 7, 2012

D.C. Season, DSeason. #1.

I'm moving to the Washington D.C. metro area in a week and a day.

I'm moving there because I got a job as a nanny/housekeeper for a family made of a mom, dad, and 2 kids. Both children have special needs. The 11-year-old boy has Asperger's and greatly dislikes being asked his opinion. He reads an average of six books a week. The 9-year-old girl had a stroke before/shortly after she was born which affected her right side. She can walk and talk. Her speech is slow and slurred. She just learned to swim 2 weeks ago and plays soccer. 

I got a job there because I'm applying to MBA programs there. American University is my first choice school.

I'm applying to MBA programs there because all the best schools are there, I like that city, I can network much better with millions of people around me, and I want to eventually direct a community center with an after school program. My B.S. is in Counseling and Clinical Research. I know people. I need to know money and numbers and risk analysis.

This is for those I leave temporarily south of me. Whether we've connected via Liberty University, Look Up Lodge, Mi Casa, 3 Spoons, or some combination of these, this is for you. I will be geographically further from you than I have ever been. I wish that distance to be only as the crow flies, not as the heart beats.

I'm finished with my time at 3 Spoons on Thursday at 2pm. 
I'm moving to LUL, with hannaH, from Thursday evening til Tuesday sometime.
Tuesday through Saturday morning I'll be in Virginia, with my family.
Saturday afternoon through...I'll be in Rockville, Maryland, where my apartment is.

This is by far the most frightening move I've ever made. New job, new apartment, new roommates, new state, new culture. I know about 4 people within 1.5 hours of me. I will change that. 

That's the idea, I reckon. To change things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment