Tuesday, October 16, 2012

#2. My favorite number.

It isn't Sunday.
But in order to discipline myself and be certain that I keep y'all informed about the life I will be living, my goal is to post at least every Sunday.
This past week was hectic at best.

(T/W/Th)Packed all of my belongings, while still working and exercising my dog and cooking for myself and living and trying to breathe.

(Th)Attended a relaxing get-together put together by my 3 Spoons family on my behalf. I wouldn't have thought it possible at this time last year to miss so much people with whom I'd only worked.

(F)Moved to a gracious and welcoming friend's house at camp (hannaH) with the help of another gracious friend who happened to have a truck at his disposal (Ryan). Worked free-time at camp for a few hours. Cooked for a group of friends. Locked my keys in my car.

(Sa) Worked for a long time on my car. Keys were saved by another gracious and stronger-than-me friend (Clint). Drove to Cashiers for a wedding (Anna & Lanier). Got lost in Cashiers. Made it to the wedding. Celebrated, ate, drank, laughed, danced, said good-byes. Drove back. Got a little lost. Walked dog. Watched a football game (USC/LSU). Slept sweetly.

(Su) Took a breath. One of my most bubbly, loving, and sincere friends came (Katie)!!! Family came!!! Dinner with family. Family left, taking half of my earthly possessions with them. Talked with Katie. Talked with Katie, CeCe, and Matt. Watched a new TV show (Once Upon a Time) with sweet friends (hannaH, Leanne, Kendall, Caleb, Katie, CeCe). Watched a movie (What to Expect When You're Expecting) with Katie and the Ambroses. Sleeeeept.

(M) Einstein's (bagels and coffee) with Katie on the Beehive Porch (overlooking the lovely lake). Goodbye to Ryan, then Katie. Drive to my best Liberty University friend's house (Emily). Walk and talk with her. Go to housechurch, where they surprise me with delicious supper and by making an encouragement tack board. They drew, wrote, and pinned very kind things to a corkboard for me to take to Maryland with me. Goodbyes. Cried when hugged Monica. Drop off dog crate and key to house. Back to LUL. Sleeeep.

(T.oday) Gassed up car. Partook in my last Snow Leopard from The Forest. Packed up remaining belongings. Drove to VA. Delicious food for supper my awesome mom made before she went to work. And now, Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy. Breath.

And this view out the front door of my mom's house:
Right behind that branch, exposed in that mountain, are large and protruding boulders. I love this region of Virginia.

And. Be the first to tell me in the comments why my favorite number is 2 and I'll send you a postcard. Your choice of either this week from Virginia or next week from Maryland.


2 comments:

  1. Your favorite number is two because it means that you are never alone --God is with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True in life, unfortunately false in this case. That's not why 2 is my favorite number. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete