Tuesday, October 23, 2012

#4. a Story, a Thank-You, a Verse.

Proverbs 20:24 "A man's steps are from the Lord; how then can man understand his way?"

I don't understand the series of things that have made up my life. It's made for a good story I think. I've also been told by someone (Emily!) that my life would make an awesome sitcom. I tend to agree. My life is erratic and twisting and difficult and fun and beautiful.

I take comfort in knowing that my story is part of a huge story called Redemption.

On a different note, Ella told me a story today of her own volition. Well, kinda. I asked her if anything fun happened at school and she said, "I was almost killed in the parking lot during Fitness!" Elaborate please, child. Ella went on to explain that her class had played a running game that involved twists and turns and zig-zags and that they collided with one another quite frequently. She loves to run. She is so precious and lovely when she's excited and talking. I was surprised by how freely she talked to me. 

Later, after homework, Max, Ella, and I made banana-mango smoothies. By "I" I mean I cut and peeled the mango. That's all. The kids did the rest. What was monumental about this event was the end. Max thanked me for my help, without being prompted by anyone. 

I think this means I'm in! 

I've been invited to an Open House for American's MBA programs in early November. 

(Read: I'm attending an Open House for American's MBA programs in early November. I am unashamed of my taking this invitation as a promising sign that I'll be accepted into their program, my #1 choice btw.)

No comments:

Post a Comment