Sunday, October 21, 2012

#3. First day before my First day.

Today was my first whole day in my apartment, in Maryland.

Today was the day before my first day of work with the family. 

My apartment, in a city next to a city, is bigger than my house in a town, next to a town. But my room is smaller, my bed is smaller and nigh-on impossible to move, and the street light right outside my window is as bright as day. 

I like my roommate (Betty). I like her boyfriend (Michael). Both of them, and her dog, like my dog. Her dog, Rocco, is jealous of Lily at times, but they play well together. And they play a lot, so they will sleep soundly. Every. Night.

Rocco reminds me of Liberty. Our one-time football coach. Our one-time quarterback.
And of Rashad Jennings, who evidently killed it today for Jacksonville.

I will have a second roommate soon. I met her today. She's Korean, and has been in the States for 3 weeks. She's here as part of the language institution and will stay for only 8 months with her sole objective being to learn English. She seems really sweet and I'm excited to explore Rockville and DC with her, since both of us are new to the area. I've forgotten her name though.

I'm very anxious about work tomorrow. I'd be so much more at ease if I were to be alone in the house, to get settled on my own terms and to establish some kind of independent relationship with the kids. However, both parents will be there tomorrow. I understand Jennifer's (mom's) point of view, wanting to ease her kids into it. Maybe it is for the best considering their needs. 

Betty is a researcher at a biotech company. Michael covers University of Maryland sports for Sports Illustrated. Both went to UMD. 

Evidently parking is pretty lax in the complex, so I shouldn't worry too much about it. That's awesome.

And I'm watching a movie with Melissa Joan Hart from 1999 and she's calling someone from a cordless landline with a giant antenna. That's awesome.

Any questions?

Tell me what's unique and crazy about Danny Rocco's visage and I'll send you that Maryland postcard.

No comments:

Post a Comment