Tuesday, November 27, 2012

#10. Missed.

I missed my Sunday post. I know. I'm sorry. It was a holiday weekend, okay! (read in this accent: Dave Barnes is a funny manI was home with mom and brother. It was great.

I got to see 3 out of my 4 cousins (we missed you, Michael! Although you would have added to the tallness which surrounded me this year...gracious these kids is agrowin' up.)

I got to play partial-hostess because the family thing was at our house this year. I love hosting. Lots. I'm in my element when I have control, even just a little. I like having jobs to do while talking with people. Better conversations and all.

I got to watch my dog love how my brother is strong enough to throw her around and wrestle. I got to watch my dog be tired enough to not know what she's doing and end up chewing her own leg. Hilarious.

I ate. Waaaay too much. 

I got to see the maturity of my 13-year-old cousin who kept playing a game with me even though he obviously didn't like/wasn't good at it.

I got to revel in the affections of two 7-year-olds who barely know me but for some reason absolutely adore me and personally invited me to sit at the kids' table with them.

I got to viciously defeat my brother repeatedly in games of ERS.

I got a headache on Sunday night which, in conjunction with the always interesting 60 Minutes television show, prevented me from driving back to Maryland that night. I left at 7am Monday morning to get here before work.

I'm driving back home Thursday night. Friday morning I will leave for Travelers Rest, SC because Erin and Landon is gettin' merried and I'm a bridesmaid and I love them. Nine hours one-way of driving is a lot of love...If not for the need to drop off my dog at my mom's I'd probably fly down and back. Probably not cost-effective, but geez, 18 hours is so much time.

Anyway. That's my week so far, and last week kinda. 

My 3 Spoons friends...who is working Friday early afternoon? I might...stop by? I still haven't mailed that book to you Carissa...sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment