Thursday, December 20, 2012

#13. Dog Days.

My dog, Lily, is one of the doggiest dogs I've ever known.

{Mud? Loves to roll in it.
Cat Poo? Loves to eat it.
Tug-of-war? No one wins but her.
Tennis balls, rope toys, rawhides all have a very short lifespan in this household. 
She WILL take up the entire bed.
The adorable head-tilt has long been mastered.
In early morning and late evening her tail is her worst enemy.}

Except when it comes to rain. She abhors it. She cowers near my legs thinking that'll shield her from the death-drops. 

That's the end of that. You needed to know about my dog.

Tonight was the second time I went to LIFE group. Turns out it was David-Vivian-Stacy group. David is the pastor and Vivian, his wife. Fortunately, although they are expecting their third child, they are not a frustratingly couple-y couple. I like them a lot, separately and together. 

They are starting to know me and that's exciting. They don't get me just yet, but I know that takes time. I'm not a quantifiable entity. I'm not the norm. 

The Kids have been weirdly quiet this week, even more so than usual, so I've been spending a good bit of time finding random things to clean. Which means that the next day is also spent finding things to clean because I did most of today's work yesterday. The good news is that the Mom understands and let me leave half an hour early today. 

My transcript never reached American University so I've been moved to the next tier of consideration. That's a small but significant setback and I'm mad about it. I ordered my transcript more than a month ago. Liberty is going to send it again at no charge, but that's not the point. I will be considered at the top of this tier, but lower than the one I was aiming for. Hopefully this doesn't change the outcome of my application. 

I work tomorrow, then drive home and STAY for an entire week. The Family is going to St. Maarten. Yay! I am sad that I have to go back to work just in time for New Year's Eve and Day and will miss out on the festivities with the Look Up family for the first time since I started working there. I knew this day was coming but I didn't expect it just yet. 


No comments:

Post a Comment