Monday, February 11, 2013

#18. Rapid Fire.

I'm almost able to breathe normally again. Almost.

I'm also more certain than ever that my life should be made into a sitcom, even though it might only survive on Bravo (SNL reference, anyone?). Here's a recap, in reverse order. Most recent events first.

Survivor comes back Wednesday.

Mardi Gras is tomorrow. Cooking cajun shrimp, cheese grits, and banana pudding. Watching The Princess and the Frog.

This past weekend was the second weekend in my new apartment.

This past weekend we got our first pieces of commons-area furniture. Kitchen table and chairs (Thanks Mom!) I really like having that table. It's the only kitchen table I've ever known.

(2/9) This past Saturday my family spent more time driving to Maryland than actually being in Maryland. And I babysat for 3 hours, for $20.

(2/7) Thursday I left work at 3:30 because I was weak from food poisoning. I slept from 4-7:30pm after having already slept a 10-hour night.

(2/6) Wednesday I made chai tea with past-due milk. Food poisoning and dehydration!

(2/5) Tuesday Ella missed school because she was feeling ill.

(2/4) Monday...sore as all get out from moving all weekend.

(2/3) Sunday: Clean old apartment almost single-handedly (Thanks LUL training!). Move more of roommate's stuff to new apartment. Turn over keys. Grocery shopping, cooking, Super Bowl party. Newest roommate and pastor's wife talk during almost entire game, including commercials.

(2/2) Saturday: Take Lily to vet for vaccine update. Meet with Leasing Office of new place. Run all over town 298347 times to track down paperwork and obscene amounts of cash money. Back to Leasing Office. Sign lease. Begin move-in. My stuff=1.25 carloads for EVERYTHING. Started moving about 7pm...stopped just before 1am.

(2/1) Friday: Panic mode about suddenness of move. Extreme disappointment/shock upon being denied acceptance in American University.

(1/31) Thursday: Tour potential new apartment.

(1/30) Wednesday: Decide to move, for certain.

(1/29 and preceding): Find out landlord isn't legal landlord. Talk to real landlord who is nice at first and business at second. Wants to keep rent same or increase even though former "landlord" was making $200/month off us.

If that's not sitcom or sitama material, what is?

No comments:

Post a Comment