Sunday, November 24, 2013

#35. A Number Higher Than The Current Temperature.

It's 30 degrees outside right now. Not okay. I'm wearing socks, for cryin' out loud. T'ain't right!

I have two jobs, neither of which is working for the Family unless you count in babysitting every Saturday night. Hmm...maybe I have 4 jobs then.

Job #1: Good to Go Café, Barista. Hours are from an unearthly 6:30am until sometime between 11am and 1pm.

Job #2: Barrie School, Extended Day Aide. Hours are from 2:30ish until all the kids are gone, which is supposed to be no later than 6pm. Supposed to be.

Job #3: The Family, Babysitter. Hours are from 6ish until 9ishpm on Saturdays.

Job #4: Dean and Matthew (friends from the church none of us attended anymore), Babysitter. Hours are from 7:30pm until 9:30ishpm on a weekday, normally Wednesdays.

Nope, I won't be exhausted in the least...  ...  ...

But the good news is that all those things will allow me to stay in my current apartment and start paying my mom back for my whole life. The bad news is that I'll want to crash as soon as I get home, especially since three-fourths of my jobs mean dealing with people for the entire time. Job #4 usually really means sitting on their couch crocheting while Baby sleeps, but sometimes he wakes up and that's okay too.

[Geez, I wish it were warmer here!]

I'll be going home for Thanksgiving on Wednesday afternoon and staying until Saturday night. I'd normally stay until Sunday, but Jim has to work Friday/Saturday so he can't come along with me. I'm hoping to see him when I get back. And I'm hoping he'll have a new job when I get back.

At the Renaissance Faire. Yes, he's wearing a kilt.
I've been amazed at how God works in this relationship. Every time I express to Him any concern about it, Jim says something to sway my fears without directly knowing I was worried about anything. Most often it's faith-oriented. I'm a lot more outspoken about my beliefs than he is. Obviously being evangelical has affected me more than I accounted for. I'm so used to understanding openness as sincerity that I sometimes doubted how important his faith really was to him, even though he said it was important. I talked with Father about it, and within a week Jim and I had an unplanned conversation, which he started, about how finding community might be best done through a Bible study instead of a Church-church. Insane. I was probably smiling more than made sense during that talk. What a comfort!

I tried running last weekend because it was relatively nice outside. "Uh-uh," said my legs, "We don't like that!" It had been a bit more than a month.

I have my second cold of the season, after not having a cold for the past nearly-three years. Guess my time had come.

I'm crocheting things as gifts and now I'm having the crafter's nightmare of wanting to keep all the things because I like them so much.

I miss y'all terribly. I sincerely do. I wish it were more realistic to see your faces on a regular basis and know what your lives look and feel like right now.

I like walking Lily, big as she is, around my neighborhood and going past men walking dachshunds and yorkies and the like. It's somehow satisfying when I'm barely able to hold her back from chasing down a baby rabbit that ran under the shrubbery. ("We want...a shrubbery!")

But I don't like walking her when it's cold. Part of every floor of our building should be a playroom for dogs.

If there's anything else to report I've forgotten it...

I hope to see any/all of you soon!

1 comment:

  1. Paying my mom back for my whole life.....payment is your whole life --seeing you grow, do and learn, that is! You are a true blessing, my dear.

    ReplyDelete